PE Funding for Primary
In line with DfE guidance, schools must use PE funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of their physical education (PE), physical activity and sport.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that our school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools should use the premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport